Be Prepared: Tips from the FBI on Social Media Monitoring & Event Management
September 8, 2020 Meeting Luncheon – 12:00 – 1:15 pm
Four Points by Sheraton, 600 Kanawha Blvd., E., Charleston, WV 25301
Presenters: FBI Agents Whitney Barnhart and Jeff McCormick
Are you an event manager for an association or hotel/resort property? Are you concerned about how prepared you are to protect your members or guests during a crisis or public safety situation? Are you a social media manager and sometimes notice concerning comments on your pages, but aren’t quite sure how to handle the situation?
Join us on September 8th to learn ways to be prepared for event management and social media monitoring to mitigate risk as an association executive or hotel/resort representative. The FBI Pittsburgh-Charleston Resident Agents will present on:
- Social Media Monitoring Best Practices
- Crisis Situation Case Studies
- Event Management Safety
- An Overview of FBI’s Public Information Strategies
About Our Speakers:
Jeff McCormick is the Supervisory Senior Resident Agent for the Charleston Office of the FBI’s Pittsburgh office. Agent Whitney Barnhart is assigned to the Charleston office and spent a number of years working for the FBI in the Washington, DC area.
For those who prefer not to meet in person, there will be a Zoom option available at the $25 gathering fee.
- We will seat FOUR people per 60″ round table, and tables will be placed sufficiently apart.
- We request that our members wear masks when moving to and from tables, going to restrooms, chatting before and after lunch, during FBI presentation, etc., — basically at all times except when eating/drinking.
- The waitstaff will be gloved and masked.
- The waitstaff will safely pour all beverages and refills; salads and desserts will be pre-set and lunch will be plated and served.
Thanks to Our Sponsor
Reservations are due by Friday, September 4, 2020, and can be made by using the form below.